Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life!

WHERE WERE YOU?

Thanks Jen, for the tag...I needed something to cheer me up today!

20 years ago. . 1988: Wow, I was only 4..and I don't remember a whole lot honestly. I was kind of a bratty, older-sister type who liked to boss my siblings around! But if anyone else dared pick on them I would get piiiiisssssed! That is still true to this day! I liked to get up early and eat breakfast w/ my grandpa before he would go to work...my grandma made mean oatmeal w/ tons of brown sugar and raisins..yum!

10 years ..1998: I was 13, getting into trouble alot! I think I enjoyed antagonizing my parents! I loved to flirt even though I would never admit to being boy crazy! I also recall having a slight allergy to food, as in afraid of it sticking to my body...not such a great memory! But when I went to Thanksgiving w/ my mom's family that year, my cousin, Krystal, seemed to notice that i was having a really hard time. And she went out of her way to tell me she loved me..that really helped alot and she will always be one of my very best friends! I was also really into playing soccer...how I managed to do that and 'not like' food still baffles me!

5 years..2003: One year out of highschool!!! I thought I was invincible :) I worked a couple various jobs..all medically related since I got my Medical Assisting Certificate my senior year. I worked in a family practice (loved it!) and emergency room (hated it) and a neurologists office (DEFINATELY hated that!)...I quit the ER and neuro & sent my then boyfriend on a mission to Taiwan. At the time that kinda sucked. I then launched into the worst dating relationship of my life, which I gratefully ended just in the nick of time (we were supposed to get married in 2 weeks!) I learned alot about life & people from that experience..and while I would never wish it on anyone else it contributed hugely to the person I have become. After I broke up with him I immediately became a much happier person!

3 Years...2005: Ah, what a wonderful, wonderful year!! That boyfriend in Taiwan...he came home soon after I ended things w/ the nightmare boyfriend I almost married (Yes, I was a bit of a player). Things didn't work out..which is the best thing that ever happened to me! I started nursing school & was constantly seconds away from either bursting into hysterics or killing someone!! (those of you who can relate know EXACTLY what I mean!!!) I moved in with my friend/co-worker who then introduced me to my amazing Jeffrey Scott Newman!! It was totally an accident that we wound up together, actually. He was my friend's 'backup plan'. She was dating someone else seriously but it was quite obvious to me that she had a crush on Jeff. She talked about him CONSTANTLY! Well after a month or two of hearing about her 'good friend' she took me over to his place to meet his roommate, who had just broken up with his girlfriend. She thought we could date..haha. I saw Jeff & immediately thought he was the hottest guy ever! I still do:) ANYWHO, he was fresh out of a disaster engagement so it took us both a while to realize we were going to wind up together..the story just keeps going and going..but the gist of it is that we tied the knot May 4th, 2006 & I could never find someone more perfect for me. Really.

1 Year..2007: Started my first official job as a registered nurse on East 8...it was a challenge...not gonna lie! I was so close to breaking down in tears my first day! But I can't think of anywhere else I would rather work...cancer has been my business for almost 5 years now & nothing else has the same satisfaction & fulfillment at the end of the day! Jeff & I celebrated our 1st anniversary w/ a killer camping trip & had a great summer vacay in Bear Lake. Honestly, alot of the year was spent adjusting to my mood swings (job related), and me adjusting to what it really means to be married...I've had to reign in my OCD tendancies so I don't drive Jeff crazy! And he's gotten really good at containing his piles of mail so I don't go nuts! ANYWHO, I'm still madly in love with him, even when I want to bury him in a pile of his own magazines:) As I've already stated, I couldn't have found anyone more perfect for me...it made the hell of my previous relationship SO worth it!

So Far This Year: Hmmmm...well, we put our house up for sale..we'd really love it if it would sell!! We're building a house in Lehi..I'm so excited about it!!! But it's all dependant on if we sell our place. I WILL be kinda sad if we do, though. Our current place is in North Salt Lake and it is SO convenient! Great area..great amenities, close to everything..I have a wonderful commute! 'Nuf said! Honestly, I will be happy in a freakin' cardboard box if I have my honey :)

Yesterday: Started in Bear Lake...oh sooooo wonderful! Jeff and I drove up there for the weekend just to get away and it was relaxing..even though in was freezing cold! We headed for home early, luckily, because the areas of the road were covered in snow drifts..I love that I can drive in the car with Jeff and we don't have to say anything..but at other times we have such a blast teasing each other! So we got home, unpacked & crashed for the afternoon until I had to leave for work...and here I am!

Today: Hmmmm...well, it's been a continuation of last night...sick, sick, sick patients...I feel so awful when there's nothing I can do to take away their misery. I hate that the cure can be worse than the disease..I just don't have the energy to describe how frustrating it is!!! But I love it..I really and truly do..it is a wonderful job and it puts my life in perspective. I don't have problems when I look at what my patients face. They are amazing.

OK, well I'm really tired..and Jen already tagged every1...so I'm double tagging them :) Cheryl, Rachael, Wendy...I'll add some...Steph, Kateka..let's hear it laydeeez!

1 comment:

Jen said...

geez, it is so interesting to learn about people and the things that they have gone through. Just so you know, I think you are such a sweet person, and I love to work with you. Although east 8 is hard I must admit that I can't picture myself anywhere else either.